Platform Movement Property
Non-Physical Movements - Platform Movement Property
It is a complex movement that works better when the object respects certain rules:
- Always set the hot spot of the object between the feet (in the middle of the lowest line).
- Make sure that the animations of the object do not differ by size too much, otherwise the object can get stuck in collisions.
- Define the up and down animations as climbing and descending.
- Define all the other animations, like crouch, uncrouch, jump.
Specifies to which player the animation is affected (from 1 to 4).
Opens a direction selector for you to choose the direction in which the object will be created when the frame starts.
Indicates the maximum speed of the object.
Indicates the acceleration ratio of the movement, the speed at which the object will go from static to maximum speed.
Indicates the deceleration ratio of the movement, the speed at which the object will go from maximum speed to static.
Moving at start
If not checked, the object will be static when the frame starts.
Jump / Gravity
Indicates the gravity ratio, the acceleration that makes the object go down. From 0 (no gravity) to 100 (really strong gravity).
Jump / Strength
Indicates the strength of the jump, that is the initial force that makes the object go up when you press jump. Note that how high the object will jump depends on both the gravity and the strength, the bigger the gravity, the bigger the strength to jump at the same height.
Jump / Control
Controls the keys to make the object jump. Different choices:
- No jump : the object will never jump.
- Up + Left/Right arrow : you must press at the same time the up key and one of the left or right keys to obtain a jump.
- Button 1 : you must press the first button of the joystick to have a jump.
- Button 2 : you must press the second button of the joystick to have a jump.
Spread the word!
You can share this document using the following buttons.