HWA Effects - Properties
Unlike software graphic modes of Clickteam Fusion 2.5, in Direct3D mode you can apply a semi-transparency coefficient as well as an effect (in software mode, semi-transparency is an effect like others). This coefficient goes from 0 (no semi-transparency) to 255 (fully transparent).
Note: the Blend coefficient is ignored in standard software graphic mode if you have selected an effect other than None or Semi-transparency.
You can also apply a coefficient to each R,G,B component. In Clickteam Fusion 2.5 you select this parameter as a RGB color value. For example if you select (255,0,0) the green and blue components of each pixel in the image will be set to 0. If you set it to (255,128,128), they will be divided by 2.
Note: the RGB coefficient is ignored in standard software graphic mode.
The simple effect list of the normal version of Clickteam Fusion 2.5 is replaced by a dialog box that displays standard effects as well as the content of the Effects sub-directory of your Clickteam Fusion 2.5 folder. In Clickteam Fusion 2.5, each effect is represented by a text file that contains pixel shader instructions. Note that these effects are available only in Direct3D mode, the standard software mode can display only standard effects, the ones that are also available in the normal version.
In the Effects dialog box, the list contain the following items :
- None = select this to remove the effect from an object.
- Standard folder = the standard effects that also work in software mode.
- Other folders and effects = pixel shaders that work only in Direct3D mode, they depend on the shaders installed on your machine. Visit our web site and/or forum to get more shader packs.
with 3 information columns per line :
- Sw = contains a 'x' if the effect works in standard software mode.
- Hw = contains the minimum version of Direct3D required by the effect (dx8 = can work with Direct3D 8 and Direct3D 9, dx9 works only with Direct3D 9).
- Ps = minimum version of pixel shaders required by the effect. For example a shader with a Ps 2.0 won't work on a graphic card that supports only pixel shaders version 1.4. Recent video cards support at least version 2 of pixel shaders. Semi-recent support version 1 only, very old cards don't support pixel shaders at all.
This dialog box also contains 2 other buttons :
- Refresh : re-loads all the effects from the effect files. To use if you have installed or modified an effect while Clickteam Fusion 2.5 is running.
- Editor : opens the Effect Editor, which allows you to edit existing effects or create your own effects.
"Use previous layer effect" option
This property is specific to layers, it allows you to apply an effect to a group of layers.
Spread the word!
You can share this document using the following buttons.